CBD dosage is directly connected to its effects, but everyone's body is different so I’m here to guide you when entering the world of CBD. It’s essential to find what works best for you, but there are some steps you must take before experimenting on your own.
7 Steps to Finding Your Perfect CBD Dosage
- Decide on what way you’d find most comfortable when taking CBD. From CBD bath bombs, tinctures, capsules, pain balms, edibles, you’re bound to find your ultimate product.
- Find your ideal ratio. Whether you want all CBD, or some THC in the mix, you should decide what you want, and go from there. Having one cannabinoid higher than the other doesn’t mean it is superior than a balanced ratio.
- If you are new to the community, begin with a low dose so it’s easily manipulated and not overwhelming. Take a few small doses, rather than one large dose.
- Be sure to use the same dosage and ratio for a couple days, you won’t be able to see the effects of a certain dose if you don’t keep it the same. If you don’t feel it’s being substantial, then up your dosage.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself, Less is more is definitely the case with cannabis products.
- Be aware of the side effects. THC has been seen to intensify certain mood disorders, so if you’re seeking for help with mental health disorders, stick to CBD. Other side effects may include; dry mouth, dizziness, and being lightheaded.
- Be sure to talk to your doctor, they are the medical professionals here. Be careful if you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse, mental illness, or are pregnant and breastfeeding.
Now that you have the proper steps, let’s get into the actual numbers. You can estimate your “perfect” dosage through numbers, though they might not always be accurate to your needs. A good base point is 1-6 mg of CBD for every 10 pounds. Check out this chart from to see your estimated dosage.
Remember that these are just averages, you may require more and that’s okay.
But how do you know just how much CBD you’re taking in if a bottle says 30ml of 1500 mg of CBD. If you were to go into this blind, you would probably assume that you’d be taking in 1500 mg at a time, but that’s not the case. You can use just simple math to find out how much you’re actually taking.
I’ve never been a mathematician by any means, but the equation for this is easy.
Let’s start with that an average dropper holds about 1 ml of fluid.
[Total CBD in Bottle] ÷ [Number of Milliliters in Bottle] = MGs of CBD in a Dropper that is 1 ml
And if we are to use the previous measurements, a 30ml bottle of 1500 mg CBD, then it would look like this.
1500 ÷ 30 = 50MG of CBD per dropper
However, if this isn’t your recommended dosage, then you would just fill the dropper to your estimated amount. But if you don’t feel doing all the math, and estimations, there are always products that don’t require it. Such as single-use products, like bath bombs, or pain balms that are equally distributed and the easiest to use. Or the most exact way to take CBD; capsules. Each capsule has an accurate amount of CBD, and easy to take. Just estimate your perfect dose, and buy the same amount in capsules.